Last updated on December 2nd, 2023 at 11:34 am
Skateboarding is really an exciting recreation to do. Some people might think that this is not a sport for them because it’s a bit risky and requires plenty of experience to do. But one thing is for sure, skateboards are for beginners who will become pro. Now, if you’re thinking about the best skateboards for beginners like you, you won’t probably regret getting one from this list.
Skateboarding will give you the feeling of freedom and excitement as the wheels roll under your feet. If you’re still undecided about buying your very first skateboard, know what kind of skateboard a beginner needs to get started.
Additional Read: How to Ride a Skateboard – Step by step Guide for Beginners
Before buying your first skateboard as a beginner, you need to choose the right shop. It is important to look for a shop that has exactly what you need. It can be a local skate shop or online store.
Top 11 Best Skateboards for Kids, Teens, And Adults
The right shop is capable of giving you the best skateboard for your needs and expertise. Choosing the right skateboard depends on how you skate, the size will benefit your skillset. If you’re going to skate on street more often, choose a deck size between 7.5 to 8 inches. Quality skateboards are usually made of a 7-ply maple deck.
1. Hikole Skateboard – 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard
A friendly skateboard for beginners, this is how many first-time skateboard users describe the Hikole Skateboard – 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard. This skateboard is a complete PRO board unit, designed for ages 5 and above.
Since you’re a first-time user, it would be hard for you to buy a skateboard model where you will be required to put all the parts together. Lucky for you there are skateboards like this that has no assembly required. Hikole Skateboard – 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard is made from 7-layer Canadian maple wood, which can support a total of 220 lbs., making it suitable for adults.
This is indeed a super smooth skateboard with its 50mm 85 A PU wheels with ABEC-7 bearings and bushings. No need to worry if you’re going to be skating in street, parks, pools, and ramps.
This skateboard has a full size of 31”x8” deck, a double kick concave design ideal for beginners. Even if it’s tagged as “beginners skateboard,” it can do basic stunts such as OL action, tricks, and 360’s.
It provides safety and stable ride through its high-quality black griptape.
- Weight:4.4 pounds
- Deck size: 78.5 x 19.5 x 9.5cm/30.6 x 7.6 x 3.7inch (L X W X H)
- Package size: 81 x 22 x 13cm/31.6 x 8.6 x 5.1inch (L X W X H)
- Capacity: 100KG(220LBS)
- Brand: Playshion
- Material: Maple Wood, PU Wheels, Alloy Bearing
- Wheel Diameter: 85A,5.5cm/2.1inch
- Trucks: high performance wheel trucks
- Bushings: super soft PU bushings
- Bearings: ABEC-7 bearing
- Original design
- Quality build
- All-maple deck
- May need new bushings
2. SCSK8 Pro Skateboard/Crusier Pre-Assembled Complete
SCSK8 is an American skateboard company that produces budget-friendly boards under 2 different brands (Quest and SCSK8). They produce complete skateboards, blank longboards, and different skateboard equipment. SCSK8 Pro Skateboard/Crusier Pre-Assembled Complete is a high quality, yet less expensive skateboard for beginners.
This skateboard has a 31 inches deck made from wood and wrapped with black grip tape. Its concave shape deck made it suitable for tall riders.
The SCSK8 Pro Skateboard/Crusier Pre-Assembled Complete is a bi-directional and double kicktail skateboard, meaning, both sides can be used for slides, quick turns, and tricks.
The main deck is made from high-class wood, making it more durable than other brands. This 31-inch deck is well-suited for people of all ages. Just like other skateboards, its deck is covered with grip tape for better grip between shoes and deck – a safe ride for users.
This skateboard has an 8-inch wide deck where you can keep your feet comfortable all the time. Its ABEC 7- rated bearings will help you steer the board at a high speed without losing stability.
You can choose your favorite colors and spectacular designs.
SCSK8 sells cheap longboards suitable for beginners. If you’re a beginner and you want to experience a real skateboard ride without spending too much money – go for this SCSK8 Pro Skateboard/Crusier Pre-Assembled Complete.
- Materials: 7 Ply Maple Construction Deck
- Wheels: Aluminum 5″ Trucks
- Wheels Speed: High bounce flat-spot resistance 52mm PU Wheels
- Bearings: SCSK8 Precision Abec 9 Red Bearings
- Grip: 80AB Heavy-Duty Black Grip Tape
- Coarse grip tape
- Long-lasting performance
- Wheels and bearings quality provides a smooth ride
- Less expensive
- A little bit heavy
3. MINORITY 32inch Maple Skateboard
Want to ride around with a comfortable skateboard? Not having plans to go on tricky rides? This is the best starter board for your casual rider! The MINORITY 32inch Maple Skateboard is an 8”x31” decent starter skateboard that has good trucks and bearing for a better ride.
The MINORITY 32-inch Maple Skateboard has 5-inch trucks made from alloy and other rust-free hardware. Good trucks will give you a worry-free ride even in wet streets or parks.
This skateboard has ABEC-9 bearings made from chrome steel and 32mm 102A high rebound PU wheels. Having all of these will help and rider to reach the top speed in just three power paddles.
MINORITY 32-inch Maple Skateboard 8”x31” could be one of the most artistic brands. The company believes that artwork occupies a big part of a skater’s brain that’s why they collected designs from different cultures to make unique designs. Their graphics are durable enough to fade.
The deck of this skateboard is made from col pressed 7-ply hardrock maple and epoxy glue, which can support shock and weight up to 220 lbs. Its concave design and spacious kicktail & nose will definitely give you an amazing maneuver all the time.
- Materials: 100% maple deck
- 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32×8-Inch deck
- Capacity: Max support weight 220 lbs.
- Trucks: 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- Bearings: ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half a success for tricks.
- Outstanding graphics
- 100% Maple Deck
- Top-quality components and overall construction
- 220-pounds maximum weight capacity
- Ideal for beginners and pro skaters
- Wheels need cleaning after each use
4. Aceshin Skateboard, 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard
Unlike any normal skateboard, this Aceshin Skateboard, 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard has a 9-ply hardrock maple wood. The deck is cold-pressed into 32”x8” size, which can support weight up to 220 lbs.
If you’re a beginner and you want to experience an off-road ride, this skateboard will give you a super smooth experience. It has 4 anti-shock and anti-abrasive 55mm 85A PU wheels, where you can easily roll to rugged roads.
Sturdy Maple Deck
The deck is made of hot-pressed 9-layer maple ply, bringing more flexibility and shock absorbent to the ride. It can withstand both children and adults, so children and parents can play together.
The Aceshin Skateboard, 31″ x 8″ Complete PRO Skateboard ensures that all skaters will enjoy their ride without slipping. They made their anti-slip surface with quality.
Precision Bearings & Sturdy Wheels
A good maneuver doesn’t only depend on the rider itself but on the quality and condition of both bearings and wheels. With precision bearings and sturdy wheels, any rider can maneuver effectively.
Cathy Patter Print on Board
This 30.6-inch board is available in a variety of colors and designs inspired by street graffiti. The bottom part will give you a contemporary look.
- Material: Maple Wood
- Wheel diameter: 2.1inch
- Weight: approx. 4.6lb
- Capacity: 220lb
- Deck size: 30.6 x 7.6 x 3.7inch
- Package size: 31.6 x 8.6 x 5.1inch
- Super smooth PU Wheels
- Trucks: high-performance wheel trucks
- Double kick concave deck design
- Made up of high-quality Canadian maple wood
- Possesses high-quality wheels, trucks, and bearings
- Supports a maximum load of 220 lbs.
- Might not perform well on paths with lots of bumps
5. Pro Skateboard – 31″ X 8″ Complete Skateboard
This skateboard is for both beginners and professionals. If you want to experience speed and passion, this brand is for you. All parts of NPET Pro Skateboard – 31″ X 8″ Complete Skateboard are wear-resistant. Each deck is made with cool graphics and colors.
NPET Pro Skateboard – 31″ X 8″ arrived assembled and ready to ride out of the box.
This model has an ABEC-11 high-speed precision bearing. The higher the bearing, the better ride on rough surfaces. It can support a rider weighing up to 220 lbs.
Are you planning for a long ride? The high-quality PU wheel of this skateboard is solid enough for the long ride.
No Skill Level
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner, intermediate, or expert – this skateboard is flexible. It can do basic stunts such as OL action, 360’s, and a few other basic tricks that you might want to try.
- Type: Complete 31″ Skateboard
- Material: 8-layer Maple Wood, PU Wheels, Alloy Truck, ABEC-11 Bearings
- Pattern: American Flag, Cartoon Skater, etc.
- Wheel diameter: 2.1″ x 1.26″
- Net Weight: 5.3 Lbs
- Max supported weight: 220 Lbs
- Deck size: 31″ L x 8″ W x 2.2″ H
- Package size: 31.6″ L x 8.6″ W x 5.1″ H
- Bushings: super soft PU bushings
- Bearings: ABEC-11 High-speed precision bearing
- Package Included: 1 x Complete Skateboard
- Easy to push, brake and control
- Provides stability for safe riding
- A good one for tricks
- Comfortable and sturdy surface to stand on
- Lots of unique and catchy designs
- Can only carry 220 lbs.
6. PlayWheels Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 21″ Wood Cruiser Skateboard, Turtles on the Go
This wood cruiser skateboard features TMNT graphics, which makes it more appealing to kids. PlayWheels Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 21″ Wood Cruiser Skateboard, Turtles on the Go is a 21-inch deck made from 9-ply maple plywood. It’s a single kicktail design, but offers great control and brake for riders, especially for beginners. The plywood used in this deck can withstand hours of practice, making it extremely durable for any rider.
Its single kicktail design offers easy maneuvering and safe brake. Since the users of these skateboards are complete beginners, it is commendable that they pay attention to the safety of their riders, which are considered kids.
The wheels of this skateboard are PVC-injected, meaning they can stand for a long and smooth ride. It also has nylon bearings, which help the wheels achieve effective rotation.
Nothing to worry about slipping because this skateboard has a special grip surface, which helps you keep your feet firmly and planted while on a ride.
- Size: 21” x 6” 9-ply maple deck in a new shape
- Deck Design: Single kicktail design
- Materials: Maple ply
- Wheels: 50mm x 27mm PVC-injected wheels
- Trucks: Composite trucks
- Age: 5 to 10 years
- Capacity: 100 lbs.
- Cool character design.
- The single kicktail design is easy to steer and brake.
- This board is suitable for young beginners, aged 5 to 10 years old.
- It has been designed for balance and coordination.
- Suitable for kids
- 100 lbs. capacity only
7. Cal 7 Complete Skateboard, 7.75, 8.0 Inch
Looking for a durable skateboard that offers a 1-year warranty – Cal 7 Complete Skateboard, 7.75, 8.0 Inch is for you. Unlike most brands of skateboards, Cal 7 can stand behind their products. The brand is confident with their boards, simply because it is built from durable materials, which can maintain flexibility at all times.
Even if you’re just a beginner, the quality of the skateboard must come first. Skateboarding is an active sport, so better to invest with durable brands. Unlike other skateboards in the market, this one is a bit lightweight because of its aluminum trucks.
A versatile skateboard can slide smooth on street, parks, and vert, this is made possible by Cal 7 Complete Skateboard, 7.75, 8.0 Inch. It has the perfect set of wheels that makes it versatile for all surfaces you might want to skate.
Want some classic design skateboard? Or some eye-catching look that could match your style? This skateboard offers both classic and explosive colors design.
The medium concave design will ensure enough grab to catch your board on flip tricks – without losing stability.
This skateboard gives enough grip without sacrificing the quality of every slide. The wheels are made from white urethane that comes in a 100A durometer, ideal for both smooth and rough terrain.
There will be no wheel-bite because of its 3-millimeter riser pads This also helps every turn easier, especially for beginners.
- Deck Size:7.5 inches
- Truck Size: 5-inch aluminum trucks
- Bearing: ABEC 7 bearings
- Wheels: 52mm / 99A or 100A urethane wheels.
- Warranty: 1-Year Manufacturer’s warranty makes this a board you can count on.
- Great price
- A complete skateboard for a beginner
- Bearings and trucks aren’t the best
8. Waveline Skate Skateboard Complete 22 inch
Looking for an easy-to-take-around skateboard? A small and lightweight one but durable enough to handle everyday use? The Waveline Skate Skateboard Complete 22 inch is the best buddy for you.
This skateboard is designed to provide a safe grip surface molded for great balancing. When choosing your skateboard it’s important to get something that is capable of holding your feet firmly on the board to avoid accidental falling.
Its 2.5-inch wheels might not be the thickest but one of the highest quality you could get in the market.
The Retro Style
Many people want their first skateboard to be stylish, that’s why this brand pay a lot of attention to their designs. All things with retro style will always be remarkable.
If you’re giving this as a gift to someone, you’ll definitely receive a wide smile. The skateboard is meticulously made with great colors, it’s durable and sturdy enough to be called one of the best beginner’s skateboards in the market.
- Deck Size: 22-inches long, 6-inches wide
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Capacity: 110pounds (50 kilos)
- High-quality wheels
- Molded grips for better hold
- Capacity only fits 50 kilos
9. WHOME Pro Skateboard Complete for Adult Youth Kid and Beginner
One of the best options for 31”x8” size deck is WHOME Pro. This design is suitable for kids and adult youth. Not mentioning that it has a concave design that can perform the best tricks on the street. The deck is double kick design, which can support different tricks.
This makes every trick possible, such as ollies, grinds, and flips. Double-kick skateboards have tails at both ends, you can make flips either way.
WHOME Pro Skateboard has 60x45mm 80A soft PU wheels. With these wheels rolling over uneven surfaces would be possible.
This skateboard is tagged as “easy to use.” It even comes with a tool that allows the user to adjust the trucks and wheels to their needs. WHOME believes that a friendly skateboard is strong and flexible enough for every user that’s why they use really strong plywood.
- Deck Size: 31-inches long, 8-inches wide
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Capacity: 220 lbs.
- Wheels: 53×36 mm PU wheels, 18-inch wheelbase
- Deck Material: 8-layer alpine hard rock maple wood
- Bearings: high-precision chrome steel ABEC-9
- Truck: 5-inch A356 Aluminum alloy
- Comfortable and stylish deck
- High-quality trucks and wheels
- Next-level quality bearings
- Double kick design
- May not be suitable for kids under 7
10. WhiteFang Skateboards for Beginners
This skateboard is for those who want to learn tricks as a beginner. WhiteFang is one of the most impressive beginner skateboards that has an amazing holding capacity. Its durable design can hold up to 330 lbs., not to mention that it has a very affordable price.
WhiteFang Skateboard for Beginners has a deck made with 7-layer Canadian maple wood that offers perfect balance and toughness to the skater. It is durable enough to carry up to 330 pounds rider. Its truck is made from magnesium alloy, making it reliable for beginners and skilled skaters.
Smooth & Speedy
This skateboard has high rebound PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings for smooth pushing. Its wheels can run smoothly on skate parks, ramps, and pools, as well as on both smooth and rough surfaces.
Its wheels can give you a super smooth and speedy spin, a feeling like you’re racing with the wind. In fact, their wheels are suitable for commuting, skate parks, ramps, and pools.
Master New Tricks
This skateboard was designed for both beginners and skilled, that is why they make it a double kick dissymmetric concave design. The top board will let your feet stay firmly while doing tricks because it is customized with emery sandpaper, which gives enough locking for the sole of your shoe.
- Deck: 7-layer Canadian maple
- Wheels: 55mm, 95A
- Dimensions: 31.75″ Long x 7.88″ Wide
- Bearings: ABEC 9 precision
- Max Capacity: 330 lbs.
- Trucks: 5-inch magnesium alloy
- Durable Canadian maple deck offers the proper balance
- Suitable for starters and skilled
- Help you learn new tricks faster
- Different cool design options
- No Assembly Required
- Bearings aren’t the best but good for that price range
11. SkateXS Personalized Beginner Starboard Street Skateboard
Most younger skaters choose this SkateXS Personalized Beginner Starboard Street Skateboard because of its skate shop quality design. It is the only skateboard from this list that can feature your name right on the board itself. Their name label on the top of the board is protected with a translucent strip of clear grip.
You can put your name on top of your deck. Not all skateboards provide this kind of customizable feature.
Replacement parts are easy to find and purchase. This product has been designed with skate shop quality components, which is very ideal for young learners.
With this skateboard, you can easily do advanced tricks and pass obstacles throughout the skatepark without any maneuvering problem.
Available in 3 Sizes
- 5-7 years old – 7”x28”
- 8-10 years old – 7.25”x29”
- 11-12 years old – 7.4”x30”
- Deck Size: 7”x28”, 7.25”x29”, 7.4”x30”
- Wheels: 90A 53mm
- Colors: 3
- Bearings: ABEC-7 pre-lubricated
- Shield: Removable
- Grip: Jessup Premium Grip Tape
- Better board for a child to start with
- Balancing mechanism would be a bit hard at first
Skateboard is there when gadgets, toys, and other outdoor activities are still in the making. It can be considered as an exciting sport, especially for kids nowadays who are stuck with playing mobile games and other digital stuff. If you are looking for the best skateboards for beginners, you need to make plenty of research about the best one and the right store to buy. Each skateboard listed above has its very one features that suit different people’s needs. Make sure to buy one that can blend with your personality, style, and skill.