Scooters are not toys anymore, they can now be enjoyed by kids and adults, not just for playing but for daily ride and adventure. They are now in the form of “off road scooter” meaning they can be used on rough terrain. If you’re a fan of kick scooter, don’t worry, they are still available in form of off-road evolution. There are also electric off road scooters for adults, which can help you with your daily errands. Well, not just errands – it can bring you so much fun.
Lets get the scooter battle on!
Here are the 7 best off road scooters that will give you an idea which is which. Go get your best pick!
1. Mongoose Expo Youth
Mongoose has been on the trails, and off the ramps for over 40 years. It is definitely an aggressive brand of off-road scooter. They are continuously pushing their products to the edges of what a rider can achieve, having been founded in a garage in Southern California in 1974. The 12-inch air-inflated wheels of this scooter are ideal for blazing off-road trails or racing through paved streets. Mongoose Expo Youth is of the best choices for electric off road scooter for adults.
- Freestyle handlebar rotor and axle pegs, as well as BMX bike style handle bars and hand brakes, make it easy to stop and build confidence.
- The wide foot deck makes it simple to maintain balance and stability while coasting. Ideal for riders aged 6 to 9, with a maximum weight of 220 pounds.
- The freestyle handlebar rotor and axle pegs, as well as BMX bike-style handle bars and hand brakes, making stopping and building confidence a breeze.
- While coasting, the wide foot deck makes it easy to maintain balance and stability. With a maximum weight of 220 pounds, this bike is ideal for riders ages 6 to 9.
- It has the appearance of a Mongoose bike, but it can ride over everything that inline skate wheel scooters can’t. Two axle pegs are included in the package in case you wish to grind a side path on your way to the park.
- Designed for Extreme Adventures Riding in the neighborhood or mushing in the city. The 14″ x 4″ deck is large enough for older children yet small enough for the younger ones to enjoy.
- Let’s get some Skate Park Tricks started! With BMX-style handlebars and rear axle pegs, the Expo will blend in at any bike park.
- Thick Tires Can Go Just About Anywhere! The 12 inch inflatable tires can go practically wherever a bike can go! Grit should be used to roll over grass or loose pavement.
Handlebar Type: Adjustable
Frame Material: Alloy Steel
Item Weight: Youth
Brake Style: Rear Braking
- The frame and dropouts – which are welded into the frame for stability – are incredible.
- The Expo is made with high-quality materials and is available in three colors.
- If you like to show off your moves, the Expo also doubles as a BMX track.
- The driver weight limit of 220-pounds is not an exaggeration.
- The brake pads are simple to adjust, but their quality could be better.
- The plastic deck added at the top of the frame may not be to your liking.
- Assembly is still up in the air. It’s challenging for some. Others do the task in ten minutes.
2. Razor Pro RDS Dirt Scooter
Dirt scooters are a relatively new addition to the scooting scene, and many people are unaware of their existence. Scooters are no longer restricted to pavements or skate parks; they have evolved to the point that they can now ride over much more difficult terrain.
This is one of many products from Razor that give large scooter brands a run for their money.
This one offers an unrivaled dirt riding experience, with 200 mm pneumatic tires and a BMX-style tubular steel fork. The Razor Pro RDS dirt scooter’s entire structure is sturdy, with an aircraft-grade aluminum frame that is still extremely light. It can easily resist up to 120 pounds when riding in the dirt and much more when riding normally. The triple stacked headtube clamp on the Razor Pro RDS dirt scooter maintains the structure together even during the most violent rides. It simply requires a small amount of assembly, which you can complete on your own.
- Features the classic rear fender brake, soft rubber grips, and full deck coarse grip tape
- Tubular BMX style steel fork with triple stacked headtube clamp • 200mm pneumatic tires with aggressive tread pattern
- Heavy duty aluminum frame with wheels and tires designed specifically for handling dirt
- Easy grip handles
- Rear footbrake
- Fixed riser Y-style handlebar, 20″ (510mm) tall and 19.5″ (495mm) wide
- Heavy duty aluminum frame
- Made specifically for tackling dirt
- Full deck coarse grip tape/ Anti-slip footplate
- Used by Team Razor riders to pull off huge tricks
Wheel: Material Rubber
Frame Material: Aluminum
Item Weight: 11.5 Pounds
Brake Style: Rear Braking
Maximum Rider Weight: 220 lbs. Normal Riding
Maximum Rider Weight: 120 lbs Aggressive Riding
- Triple stacked headtube clamp
- 200 mm pneumatic tires
- BMX style tubular steel fork
- No Replacement Tires
3. Razor A5 Air Kick Scooter
The Razor A5 Air Kick Scooter a fun and inexpensive way to go around town. The A5 Air was released by Razor to provide the same convenience, but with a smoother, more soothing ride. They started with a standard A5 frame, then added pneumatic (air-filled) tires and strategically placed plastic shields to reduce rattling.
In short, the Razor A5 Air is a fantastic deal that performs admirably on difficult terrain and damp ground. It’s a little heavier than its siblings, but it’s still lightweight. However, the low deck height and inefficiency of inflatable tires may be aggravating, and the fender is too short to keep water from spraying. Braking is also subpar, but no worse than on any other fender-braked kick scooter.
- Designed specifically for urban terrain and built for everyday commuting.
- A super-strong aluminum frame with anti-rattle handlebars and a folding system that is patent-pending ensures a smoother, quieter riding.
- Easy-to-adjust handlebars with soft rubber grips provide comfort, grip, and control.
- The extra-long 13.4” (340 mm) deck allows for greater foot space, making it perfect for taller riders.
- The handle grip on the Razor A5 Air Scooter is soft. You will be more comfortable while riding the scooter because of this grip. This comfortable grip also protects your hand while riding the scooter.
- For ages 8 and above; supports riders weighing up to 220 pounds (100 kg)
- The handlebar on the Razor A5 Air Scooter is adjustable. The height of this bar can be adjusted to suit your needs. As a result, it’s thought that this bar has given the scooter a new dimension.
- The Razor A5 Air Scooter is extremely durable thanks to the A5 Air’s super-strong aluminum frame. This is why it lasts so long. Pneumatic commuter tires are fitted to the scooter.
Transform Your Daily Routine!
The A5 Air is great for both long and short travels because it is smooth to ride, easy to operate, and quick to fold and store. Super-strong construction, shock-absorbing pneumatic tires, anti-rattle technology, and comfortable handles make this scooter the ideal choice for going to work or running errands.
Designed to Last
The A5 Air is designed to accommodate the specific needs of each individual rider for years of everyday usage, with adjustable-height handlebars, an extra-long deck, and Razor-tough construction.
Frame material: aluminum
Wheel size: 8″ (200mm)
Tire material: rubber (inflatable)
Brake: fender (stomp)
Weight: 11.15 lbs
Max rider weight: 220 lbs
Max rider height: roughly 5’10”
Kickstand: yes (retractable)
Collapsible handlebars: yes
- Comfortable to ride
- Easy to control
- Safe to ride
- Hand protecting
- Cheap price
- Some learning required
4. Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter
What if you could have all the enjoyment of riding a Razor scooter on a gravel path or off-road trail? Would you bite the bait? You can now do so. The RX200 Electric Off Road Scooter was created by Razor. Without missing a beat, this unique off-road scooter for kids can travel on dirt walks, gravel trails, and grassy terrain without any hassle.
- The ride begins where the pavement ends with the groundbreaking new RX200, a new off-road version of the original E200 Electric Scooter that we all know and love.
- It comes equipped with off-road tires, disc brakes, and a revised gear ratio for high-torque trail riding, making it ready to ride off-road straight out of the box.
- Rip through the trails at up to 12 mph (19 kmh)
- For ages 13 and up, this product is recommended.
The E200 already had plenty of torque, but the RX200’s chain-driven motor takes it to the next level. When the pavement runs out, the extra torque comes in handy for kicking up dirt and getting off the beaten path. Its top speed is 12 mph, which is fast and safe for kids but significantly less than the NanRobot D540 +’s mph.
Apart from a brake system and a large deck, the Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter has no significant safety measures. The Razor RX200 Electric Scooters, unlike other Razor scooters, include a dependable disc brake. In addition, the thick off-road tires with 60PSI dig deep into the tough terrain for improved stability.
Your kids will enjoy around an hour of play time, or 40 minutes of continuous use, using a twin 12V battery system. This is standard on Razor electric scooters, as is the inclusion of a battery charger. The charging period is extremely long at 12 hours, so pass the time with a pastime.
The Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter, like the E200, is sturdy and durable. The Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter’s frame is made of alloy steel, which is tougher and more durable than aluminum.
Dimensions: 37.7 x 16.8 x 40 inches
Weight: 46.4 pounds
Wheels type: 8 inch, knobby rubber, air filled
Material: Powder Coated Steel
Age Recommendation: 13 and above
Weight Capacity: 154 pounds
Motor: Chain driven
Range: ~40 min. run time
Maximum Speed: 12 miles per hour
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Charging Time: 12+ Hours
- More torque for sports outdoors use
- Confident disc brake on rear wheel
- Strong, durable alloy steel frame.
- Run time of 40 minutes’ continuous use
5. Swagtron KR1 All-Terrain Dirt Kick Scooter
SWAGTRON’s KR1 All-Terrain Kick Scooter is a high-performance scooter designed for jumping, dirt roads, and grassy trails. The KR1 never skimps on the toughness, performance, or style you’ll need to take in the thrills of freestyle, all-terrain scootering.
The KR1 dirt scooter is equally at home on dirt jumps as it is on the pavement, thanks to its 8-inch wide “knobby” tires, high-pressure tubes, and a distinctive tread pattern. With a weight limit of 230 pounds, riders of all sizes may explore the terrain and learn to ride like a pro freestyler. If you’re looking for a high-quality, durable, and safe scooter to ride on any surface, look no further.
- Dirt tracks with superior handling and performance. Gravel that is loose. Trails that are a little rough. Conquer the terrain that regular kick scooters can’t.
- Chromoly y-bar riser handles for high jumps, strong landings, and no probe. Fork made of steel with three clamps. The deck is 5 inches wide.
- FULLY ASTM F2264-CERTIFIED – From the strong structure to the deck’s adhesive grip tape, everything was tested for durability and longevity.
- All-terrain dirt tires with a diameter of 200 x 50 mm and extra-large, high-volume 8-inch knobby tires for extreme off-road performance. This tire specs. exceeds the standard marking ford and off-road scooter tires.
Superior Maneuverability and Performance
Tracks made of dirt. Gravel that is loose. The pavement is splotchy. Trails that are a little rough. This adult off-road scooter was designed specially to go terrain that standard kick scooters aren’t designed to manage. You can now huck enormous airs and land perfectly on your favorite acrobatics and tricks with no worries.
Premium Quality You Can Trust
The KR1 is a stylish, tough dirt scooter that can take a battering and keep going back for more, all while looking nice. And we stand behind the quality of our work. Take our word for it, but don’t take our word for it. From the aerospace-grade aluminum frame to the adhesive grip tape on the ultra-wide deck, the KR1 is ASTM F2264 certified for durability and safety. Quantifiable characteristic that has been prove
Gold-Star Service, World-Class Support
After we deliver your kick scooter to you, our partnership does not end. If you have any queries or issues, please contact our support team, which is fully staffed in the United States, by phone, email, or online chat. Alternatively, you may go to our online Help Hub for all the information you need, including how-to videos, FAQs, and more.
Brake Type: Rear Braking
Size: One Size
Frame Material: Alloy Steel
Material Type: Aluminum, Plastic
Wheel Size: 8 Inches
Batteries Included: No
Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 Pounds
Product Dimensions 109.22 x 43.94 x 99.06 cm; 5.81 Kilograms
- Testified with longevity and permanency
- Extremely wide with a 5” inch deck
- Cut through dirt with brilliant handling
- There is no drawback as such
6. Razor E300 Electric Scooter
The Razor E300 is ideal for youngsters and adults who have never scooted before. The Razor E300 is exceptionally easy and comfortable to ride, thanks to its spacious frame and deck, super wide tires, and peak speed of 15 mph.
Given the design, this is a better choice for teenagers, though it’s always a matter of personal preference. Note that Razor is one of the makers of best electric off-road scooters in the market.
- With its super-sized deck and frame, the Razor E300 electric scooter is ready to roll for teen and adult riders up to 220 pounds (100 kg)
- Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers a top speed of up to 15 mph (24 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
- Larger 9” (229 mm), pneumatic front and rear tires support older riders, while helping soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
Despite its massive frame and deck, the E300 weighs in at 42 pounds, which is in the middle of the pack. Now, it’s not the most convenient electric scooter to transport, but as I previously stated, it’s excellent for leisurely activities, particularly ones that don’t require you to lift or carry it. The E300 has a strong chassis that can carry riders weighing up to 220 pounds.
The Razor E300 has a range of 9-10 miles, which amounts to around 45 minutes of riding time. 9-10 miles is in the middle of the electric scooter mileage range (the range spans from around 5 o 15 miles). Given the E300’s long run time, you’ll be able to use it for practically any leisure activity you can think of, as long as you’re not planning on running a marathon.
Top Speed: 15 MPH
Battery: Up to 45 min.
Max Weight: 220 lbs.
Tires: 9″ pneumatic
Motor Power: 250 W
Handlebar Height: 25″ x 16″
Deck Size: 26.2″ x 8″
Weight: 46 lbs.
Dimensions: 40″ x 16.5″ x 42.5″
- Quiet chain-driven motor
- Twist grip throttle
- 12-hour charge time for only 10 miles
7. Mongoose Trace Youth/Adult Kick Scooter
Looking for full-coverage MaxGrip on the lightweight alloy deck and steel brake give a solid, stable ride, while wide handlebars with bike-style grips provide exceptional handling? The 180 mm wheels are equipped with ABEC – 7 bearings for long-term performance. In addition, the incorporated kickstand allows for comfortable upright parking while protecting the grips and frame.
- Foldable kick scooter for easy storage and transportation
- Quick release adjustable height with three lock in positions to match a wide range of riders
- Kickstand to park your scooter upright to prevent grips and frame from damage
- Complete coverage On the deck, maximum grip and a brake for non-slip contact
- For a smooth ride, 180 millimeter wheels with fender and ABEC 7 bearings are used.
Lightweight and Sturdy
The Trace scooter includes full coverage Max Grip on the deck and brake for non-slip contact. The heavy-duty frame supports up to 176 pounds.
Adjustable Height Handlebars
The quick-release adjustable height handlebars easily adjust from 24”-33” tall with three lock-in points to fit a wide range of riders.
The Mongoose Trace 100 scooter easily folds up for compact storage or to allow for easier transport.
Wheels and Bearings
The Mongoose Trace 100 scooter comes with 100mm wheels and ABEC-7 bearings.
Brake Type: Rear Braking
Size: 100mm Wheels
Style: Trace 100
Material Type: Aluminum
Sport: Skateboarding, Outdoor Lifestyle
Maximum Weight Capacity: 79 Kilograms
- Easy folding kick scooter for compact storage and transport.
- Full coverage Max Grip on the deck and brake for non-slip contact.
- Soft foam grips for comfortable handling.
- Quick-release flexible height with three lock-in looks to fit an extensive range of riders.
- Breaking system may not have the best stopping power.
Scooters have evolved into a more sturdy structure and slick design that may bring so much excitement to its users. Now, there is this called off-road scooter available in the market, which can be used both off-road adventures and daily ride. There are two types of off-road scooter, the electric & kick-scooter. Don’t be afraid to choose which type of scooter will fit your needs and style. Off-road scooters are made for everyone, and manufacturers know that each people are not the same. Each and every one of us have our own preferences, maybe you want an off-road scooter that is electric, while some prefer a manual kick. Just look for the specifications and features that your ideal scooter must have. There are a lot of promising brands in the market, but only you can tell which one is perfect.
Off road scooters have different capacity, tire type, braking system features, as well as ages it would fit. Although all of the off-road electric scooters we’ve mentioned here are a lot of fun and will definitely get your adrenaline pumping, keep in mind that they’re not toys. So be sure to have a safety ride always with your scooter, and don’t settle for less when choosing one.